The UX Developer will work as part of a larger, cross-functional User Experience team to produce a highly engaging customer experience for the ThinkGeek.com ecommerce site. The candidate will apply user-centered design concepts and visual design principles to design and develop compelling, intuitive, standards-based experiences.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- User experience/user interface design & development
- Full life cycle Front-end Development
- Collaboration with marketing, merchandising, backend engineering, customer service, and executive teams
- Ongoing support of existing site content and interactive marketing elements
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
- Expertise translating business requirements into detailed wireframes, functional mock-ups and platform features
- Understanding of responsive / adaptive design concepts
- Understanding of web analytics and has worked with at least one commonly used package (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture)
- Experience in a fast-paced, retail ecommerce environment preferred
- Experience designing and developing for customer-facing websites
- Comfort level working in the terminal / command line
- Experience using Git or other version control systems
- Ability to test one's own work required, including cross-browser displays and performance
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Provide feedback and react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Comfortable adapting to a rapidly-changing environment, where you may be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
Join a close-knit community of curious, passionate, enthusiastic people, obsessed with creating and sharing the most unique and fun product experiences with the world. ThinkGeek offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Dog-friendly Office
- ThinkGeek / GameStop Employee Discount
ThinkGeek, founded in 1999, is the number one destination in the galaxy for smart products and unique gifts that appeal to the geek community. We're a lean, multi-channel retailer and product-development company manufacturing over 400 exclusive items annually, spanning most consumer products categories and 40+ licenses. We're innovative marketers with a dedicated and passionate fan-base in the millions, and we're a member of the Game Stop family since 2015.
Our mission is to create a world where everyone can embrace their inner geek and connect with one another. We are obsessed with creating and sharing unique and authentic product experiences that stimulate our fans' imaginations and fuel their geek core.
No third party submissions, please!