Reporting to the Manager, Logistics and Operations, the Purchase Order Specialist will manage the issuing, tracking, and reconciliation of Purchase Orders including ordering inventory, managing vendor performance, and organizing payment with outside vendors. Associate coordinates and responds to P/O inquiries and keeps ThinkGeek and GameStop teams up to date on new and ongoing issues. The principal outcome of this position is ensuring timely and accurate purchase order process across all ThinkGeek business channels. Associate may interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Some non-routine activities may require a supervisor’s advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain, streamline and improve Purchase Order tracking process
- Set-up new Purchase Order requests; manage Purchase Order approval process
- Review Purchase Orders and vendor performance to ensure compliance with Company policies
- Maintain up to date supplier information in Company systems and act as source for supplier data
- Manage updates to vendor payment terms and update Company systems.Participate in negotiating and extending contracts with suppliers
- Work closely with accounting department to ensure timely invoice processing and be the point of contact within the company for any vendor inquiries regarding payment
- Correspond with domestic and international vendors, daily, via phone, email, etc; respond to inquiries regarding shipping schedules and production priorities.
- Work closely with ThinkGeek Wholesale, Operations, Merchandising, and Finance to ensure orders are placed and paid for in a timely manner
- Maintain purchasing data to efficiently plan deliveries, ensuring on-time and accurate deliveries
- Troubleshoot and research existing and new issues to ensure all systems are operating correctly
- Coordinate and communicate ongoing or upcoming issues between the multichannel, warehouse, order management IT, and the Customer Service teams
- Demonstrate a high customer service orientation by responding to voice mails and emails within organizationally defined timeframes as needs arise, completing projects as committed, responding to others’ feedback appropriately, and helping others as needed
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simply processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that work is completed safely, accurately, and on time
- Responsible for adhering consistently with all employment policies as stated in the employee handbook provided or as provided by his or her supervisor
- Collaboration – Identifies, opportunities and takes action to build strong relationships between the multichannel team and other teams or individuals.
- Customer Focus – Ensuring that the customer perspective (internal and external customers) is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Information Monitoring – Identifies develops, and implements ongoing procedures to collect and review information needed to manage an organization or activities within it.
- Compelling Communication: Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and comparable work experience
- 2 years Administrative Support, Project Management, Inventory/Vendor Management, or Customer Service experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
- Proficient typing and data entry skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Interest in leading process improvement projects and working hand in hand with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles a plus
- Working ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Working ability to work under demanding time constraints, shifting priorities, and production goals
- Demonstrated ability to champion, model, and influence others with customer-focused behaviors that lead to outstanding customer experiences.
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to ThinkGeek policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
Join a close-knit community of curious, passionate, enthusiastic people, obsessed with creating and sharing the most unique and fun product experiences with the world. ThinkGeek offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Dog-friendly Office
- ThinkGeek / GameStop Employee Discount
ThinkGeek, founded in 1999, is the number one destination in the galaxy for smart products and unique gifts that appeal to the geek community. We're a lean, multi-channel retailer and product-development company manufacturing over 400 exclusive items annually, spanning most consumer products categories and 40+ licenses. We're innovative marketers with a dedicated and passionate fan-base in the millions, and we're a member of the Game Stop family since 2015.
Our mission is to create a world where everyone can embrace their inner geek and connect with one another. We are obsessed with creating and sharing unique and authentic product experiences that stimulate our fans' imaginations and fuel their geek core.
No third party submissions, please!